Thursday, July 9, 2020

A bunch of comparisons from the 4th

I decided that I'm going to continue taking pictures of my hair every month on the 4th, but I'm not going to do another big comparison collage until I hit 18 months.   Those comparisons take a long time!

These are the 13 month pictures from July 4th. 





We also took the kid's annual Flag Suit pictures that day.  These pictures are actually the only ones I do that don't have a specific date.  I just take them around the 4th of July.  


Spencer's 2008-2020 collage 

Elliott's 2012-2020 collage 

And finally......We had a big 4th of July party in 2018.  I took a selfie by the pool.  It showed up in my memories in 2019.  In July 2019 I had been through a double mastectomy, four more surgeries after that, and 16 weeks of chemo.  I was flat on the left and had an implant on the right. I had surgery on July 1st to remove my chemo port so I had bruising and stitches and surgical glue on my chest.  I thought about doing a comparison, but I knew it would be terribly depressing and would just upset me even more.  I vowed to be healthy enough to do one in 2020. 

Here's the original in 2018.

And the comparison from 2020.  

And the side by side 

Up next: the actual events from 4th of July.

No comments: