Tuesday, December 3, 2019

'Twas the day after Thanksgiving

I think I will start incorporating " 'twas " into all of my blog post titles.  It's so festive. 

The day after Thanksgiving was cold and rainy. Michael's brother Raymond, his wife Jen, and their kids Bryant, Cameron, and Alyssa came over for lunch.  We haven't all been together since June 2016, in Florida.

My parent's house is already decorated for Christmas so we decided to take our family Christmas picture in front of their tree.  Bryant took it.  This is a sneak peak. 
We ate lunch and then adults hung out in the living room, while kids played in the basement.

Brothers, spending quality time together.  
I promise this isn't all they did.  We had a question and they were looking up the answer.  I made them pose for this picture. 

After a few beers they decided to break out the hard stuff.

I am BLOWN AWAY that Bryant is 21 and can legally drink.  I was there, in the hospital, when he was born.  

I wanted to take lots of group pictures and thank god everyone is old enough to easily comply.  We took one picture of each group and were done within five minutes.  Amazing.

All the cousins, by age (and height)

All the cousins by family (front row/back row)

Dads and kids

Moms and kids

The lovely ladies

The handsome men 

The brothers

The fat brothers 

The parents

The big brothers

The little brothers

The babies of the families

The poor, abused middle children

The moms
I forgot to get one of Alyssa and Spencer together because they are both 12 years old.  I cropped this one so we can pretend.

We went to happy hour together that afternoon and then my uncle came over for dinner and I took zero pictures because I had too much wine.  

That night my oncologist sent me this picture

So I did a comparison for her.  

And that's a wrap of Friday.  'Twas a good day.  See, so much more festive than "it was a good day". 

No comments: