Thursday, December 12, 2019

As current as I can get it

I am writing this post on Wednesday, December 11th at 9:00 pm.  I am having breast reconstruction surgery tomorrow and I don't know how long I will be away from the blog. I will be in the hospital for  3 to 5 days, although 3 is more likely.  My surgeon estimated it would take about 10 hours to complete the surgery.  TEN HOURS of anesthesia.  I wanted to blog this week before I disappear, and then I have one more post about the first 10 days of Winston this year.

On Sunday the 8th I took pictures of my socks  gifted from the Sisterhood. 


Michael and I had a lunch date that day.  We walked into the restaurant and were ignored by everyone for quite some time so I finally asked the bartender if anyone was going to seat us.  We got this free appetizer because they were appalled at the service.  We were very pleased, and then our waitress flat out ignored us for TWENTY minutes after she brought our check and we were pissed.   

Then we went to IKEA to buy tickets for their Christmas buffet.  We drank coffee in one of the fake kitchens. 

I went to work on Monday.  I took this picture to take to Target with me.  I tried this coat on.  It looked like a robe. I did not buy it.  
Tuesday was a doozy of a day.  Spencer and I went to the orthodontist at 8 am.  They are not messing around with their Christmas decor.  


After the orthodontist I took him to school, then I ran home for 15 minutes.  While I was home I took a before picture of myself because then I went to PT and then I went to get my hair cut and colored.   

I thought it would be nice to give my stylist a little gift so I grabbed a candle that I bought specifically for gift giving.  

And it matched my shirt! 

This was the before in the salon (because you can see the back of my hair in the mirror). 

During 


And after at the salon.  I'm blonde again! 

After my hair cut I went to the mall to get this Aveda styling paste, because my cousin recommended it.   I took this pic for her. 

She told me to try the tea, so another pic for her.  

This is the after at home.  

Side by sides- before and after. 

My stylist really spiked it up and I did it more flat.  

That evening we went to Spencer's band concert.  I insisted on pictures before we left knowing he would refuse there. 



This were taken with MAX refusals.  



I worked for the last time in 2019 on Wednesday morning.  After I left work I went to see my surgeon for my pre-op.  I took my own robe and he teased me about it.  


But their robes are so black and drab.  

Here's the BEFORE surgery on Wednesday night.   

I'll still need several more surgeries in 2020, so the after might be a long time from now. 

I will be back as soon as I'm feeling up to it.  Promise. 


No comments: