Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Thanksgiving Weekend

We've been trying to keep my dad off of the roof, so on Saturday morning (after Thanksgiving) Michael and I put the Christmas lights on my parent's house. 

I made Spencer come out and take our picture. 

I took some pictures while we were up there.  



We drove home that afternoon and Elliott took pictures of the sunset.  


I had decorated most of the house for Christmas before Thanksgiving, but had not done the tree.  I made everyone help and we got it done quite fast.  

We could not get the star topper to stay upright, so this is done except the topper.  


On Sunday we attended the Elf movie party at the Alamo Drafthouse.  It was awesome! 

It was actually Elliott's idea to wear this.  It was pajamas and I did not have to coerce him at all.  

We ended up eating lunch there, so between tickets and food it was a million dollar outing.  



Elliott was the only person wearing a "costume" so he was called up to the front and won a prize (free popcorn).  I had won a free popcorn when we went to the Willy Wonka party and we used it that day, so basically one certificate was replaced with another. 



We bought a new topper on the way home. 

And then put our outside lights on the house.   
I had jammed my toe before we went to the movie because Michael put some boxes right where I was walking in the bathroom while getting ready.  I'm pretty sure I broke it.  This was about five hours later.  It was not the best way to end a holiday weekend.

No comments: