Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Elliott's Star Wars Party

Elliott picked a Star Wars theme for his 8th birthday party.  I'm not sure if he knew that Spencer also had a Star Wars party for his 8th birthday, but he probably did. 

We held it a week earlier than we normally would because of the major surgery I'm having on the 12th.  We also went on Amazon a few weeks ago and picked all of the party supplies and had them delivered.  That included this printed cake topper.  It made decorating very easy. 


Light saber party favors


I just walked around the house collecting all of the Star Wars toys we have and turned them into decor. 


The beach ball was new though.  It'll be a pool toy next year. 





The food labels were fun. 

We set up all of the snacks for when kids arrived.  And then I had to move them to take the cake pictures. 

I know I already showed this, but I took these during the day.  The others were night time. 



Elliott was dressed as Anakin Skywalker at age 9. 




Our first guest was Jeffrey, and luckily I know his mom pretty well, so I asked her to take our picture. 



The light sabers were a big hit with the kids, and totally annoying for adults. 

Getting some snacks. 


Lunch is served






A group shot before presents. 

Elliott with all of his buddies. 





Cake time
I tried not to cut into the printed topper, mostly because it probably didn't taste very good.  There was actually plenty of cake to serve from the edges. 


Malcolm and I were twins in our grey hoodies, so of course we took a picture.

And that was that.  The party lasted three hours, which I've decided is the perfect length for a party. 


No comments: