Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Catching up on ancient history- week 3

We're getting closer!  It's happening, people.  It's happening.  We have made it all the way to Sunday, September 24th.

I took a picture of my jamicure/manicure right before I took it off.  It had been on for more than a week and held up pretty well. 
We also drove up to Scottsdale to my aunt and uncle's house to pick up a refrigerator that my parents were taking to my brother.  I took this picture and then we drove past Michael and my mom in the truck and then the refrigerator fell over. 
That evening we went to the CD release party for Blaine's new CD at Joni and Blaine's house. They live right next to South Mountain now.  The sunset was cool behind the mountain. 

We were standing around a fire pit, but Michael cut off our feet. 

You can see the glow of the fire here. 
One of their friends brought these amazing cookies based on Blaine's label.  They were beautiful and delicious. 

And somebody else made and brought this cake.  People are amazing. 

Monday the 25th was the start of spirit week.  Elliott went as Luigi for favorite fictional character day.


Tuesday the 26th was tutti-fruity day.  I think they were bright and colorful enough. 
I worked on Tuesday.  This was in my mailbox.  It was the thanks I got for uncovering a huge, major problem in our department and preventing us from getting sued multiple times. 

Tuesday night I made this french onion soup for dinner.  It was amazing.  Totally amazing. 

Ginger waited patiently under the table for a drop or two. 


Wednesday the 27th was sports jersey day.  Spencer wore one too, I just didn't get his picture. 

Thursday was a work day for me and there are no pictures to share.  

Friday the 29th was Pirate Day.  

I was so glad Elliott agreed to wear the Jake costume I bought him when he was three.  He had originally said he didn't want to wear it, but changed his mind at the last minute. 

He made a perfect little pirate. 


I volunteered in Elliott's class for the whole morning.  There were all sorts of pirate themed activities. 



I asked one of the dads to take our picture and this kid just stepped in front of us and posed himself.  It was fairly funny. 

Friday was National Coffee Day.  I entered a contest to show my manicure with my coffee for the day.  I didn't win. 
I took a continuing education class on Saturday the 30th.  After it was done I went shopping specifically to find a dress to wear to my 20 year high school reunion.  It was a success. 
I also found not just one, but two pairs of black heels.  The ones on the left were $9.99 marked down from $60 and the ones on the right were $19.99 marked down from $60. 

What's a day without a picture of Ginger? 

We went out for cappuccinos in the afternoon. 


And finally, Saturday night was family movie night. We watched Hocus Pocus.  Spencer liked it. 
Elliott hated it.  He had to wear his fox ear muffs for security purposes.  Even then he ran away for most of it. 

1 comment:

Cat said...

You saved your school and you found a great deal on shoes all in one post, impressive! :-)