Sunday, October 8, 2017

Catching up on ancient history- week 1

Let's take a time machine back to the week of September 11th.  That's where I dropped off the face of the blogosphere many weeks ago. 

Monday, September 11th

I had gone to Penzey's the day before.  This was my haul.  I had to take a picture before adding them to the pantry. 

I captured the kids walking home from the bus. 
Elliott had asked to wear patriotic clothes that day.  Spencer wanted to wear the shirt his friend Sayuri gave him at his birthday party. 
Tuesday, September 12th
I worked that day.  Nothing notable happened.  There's not even a single picture to share. 

Wednesday, September 13th
This was the week that Michael and I were sharing one car because his car died. He drove me to work that day.  I took some lovely pictures of my commute because I was in the passenger seat. 


That afternoon Michael went to the place that had his car to clear his car out.  We had made the decision to junk his car and we needed to take stuff out if it before we did that. 

He took a bunch of pictures to memorialize the life of Pearl (his car). 




We no longer have this license plate, so I can share it now. 



Elliott was doing some "teaching" that afternoon.  His lessons are interesting.  And confusing. 

"Hey!  Don't take a picture of me while I'm teaching".
Thursday, September 14th
I worked.  It was apocalyptic on my way home. 


Ginger was adorable as always. 
Friday, September 15th
Ginger found a blanket on the floor.  She made herself comfy on it. 


For hours.

And hours


School pictures came home that day!


And Elliott was playing Mexican Restaurant. 
And for some reason I asked Michael to take a picture of the back of my head.  But it's been so long I don't remember why. 
Saturday, September 16th
I made homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast. 




I was so proud of how they turned out. 

Until I saw the cinnamon rolls posted by Preppy Kitchen, like an hour later. 

That afternoon we drove to Tucson.  Elliott took his 5 year 9 month picture there. 
We worked on his first school presentation there.  We showed my mom and she found a typo within 5 seconds. We fixed it before we turned it in. 

And, finally, Nick made it home to Tucson that night.   Don't worry.  He got a haircut two days later. 
Here's the plan.  Week 2 (Sep 17-23) catch-up will post on Monday the 9th. Week 3 (Sep 24-30) catch-up will post on Tuesday the 10th.  Week 4 (Oct 1-5) catch up will post on Wednesday the 11th.  My 20th high school reunion weekend will post on Thursday the 12th.  And then I'll be ready to move on.  Let's do it team! 

1 comment:

Cat said...

Those cinnamon rolls look delicious. Glad Nick finally made it home (though given how far behind I am, he may have gone out and been back 5 more times since then). Sorry to hear about Pearl. Isn't it a pain when cars die? Mine died last year and even though I got 10 years out of it, I was still annoyed--though the one I have now is much better in the snow.