Thursday, October 12, 2017

20 years later

This past weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, was my 20-Year High School Reunion. 

I didn't take a ton of pictures, but I was able to borrow a lot of the pictures other people took from the reunion Facebook page.

This was right before we left my parent's house.  A comparison of my senior picture and now.
Friday night was dinner at the school followed by the Homecoming football game.  That was for all the reunions- 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 years. 


Spencer was in a wheelchair so he and Michael went up into the stands with my parents.  Elliott got to come on to the field with me to walk in the halftime "parade". 

I'm actually in this picture.  Well, part of my face is.  Over on the left. 

After the game our class went to a place called The Hop Shop.  It was a good time. 


I'm over on the left.  We went to another bar after this one closed, so it was a very late night.  Like, I think we got home close to 2:00 am. 


Saturday night was the main reunion night.  Since Michael was my date to senior prom we had to do a comparison shot from prom to 20-year reunion. 
We're standing in almost the exact same spot in my parent's front yard.  Their landscaping has just changed a lot in the last 20 years. 


The two men on the right, Peter and Chris, went to my elementary school/junior high too.  I talked to them for a long time.  I don't remember them being quite so tall, but my neck actually hurt after our conversation. 
It was weird how some people didn't change at all.  They look exactly the same.  And some people weren't even recognizable. 



I still don't know who the woman on the right is.  If she went to high school with me I never knew her. 











All members of the military.  I think Army, Navy, Navy, Navy. 





We went to another restaurant/bar after the official reunion was over.  It was loud and we're old, so we only lasted until just after midnight.  My friend Ashley took this picture right before we left.  I'm the hand with the red nails with one black/white nail.  
Sunday morning was a mass at the school, brunch and a tour of the school.  We actually missed mass because the kids slept so late, but attended the rest. 


There has been so much construction that my high school is pretty much unrecognizable. 





A gift to the school from the class of 2016.  They did the stations of the cross all over the school. 

The door to my old homeroom

One of these was my freshman year locker.  I know it was on the bottom. 





The new chapel


The new library


The new STEM lab


And that's that.  It's always weird when there is so much planning and anticipation for an event for it to just be over, but I guess we can start thinking about the 30 year reunion now. 

No comments: