Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sorry Spencer

Last May I did a Flashback Friday about my 8th grade and High School Graduations. I was very upset at the time because I couldn't find my 8th grade graduation photo album.

(You can refresh your memory about the whole awful episode here) I blamed 20 month old Spencer and publicly accused him of throwing it in the trash.

So, funny story. About a month ago Michael and I were looking for our extra cell phone charger. We couldn't find it. So we tried finding the USB cable to connect the phone to the computer (did you know you can charge a cell phone that way?). We ended up in the garage. I opened a random box and there, right on top, was my 8th grade graduation album.


I'm sorry Spencer. I'm sorry that I publicly accused you of throwing my album away. I'm sorry that I assumed that because you threw your shoes and toys away that you might also throw my precious memories away. I'm sorry that I painted you in a bad light in a public forum. I'm sorry that I believed, for a whole year, that I would never get my pictures back and I would always resent you just a little bit for it. Mommy was wrong.

Now!

On to the 8th grade graduation flashback.

May 20, 1993. 17 years have passed since this day. If my mom wasn't reading this I would use a certain word that may or may not rhyme with duck.

Chelsea, Karen, Me, Kim and Stephanie. Did I mention last year that I carried the time capsule? Maybe now would be a good time to remind you that I went to a Catholic school and our graduation was in a church. We dug this up in 1997. Everything inside was wet and stinky.
The priest on my right married me and Michael at this very altar 8.5 years later.

Me and MeganThe tradition was that the 7th graders hosted a graduation dance for the 8th graders. The theme was always a big secret. Our theme was Paris. Complete with a Paris at night wall, and the Eiffel Tower. I'm so glad I don't have to resent Spencer a teeny tiny bit for the rest of my life for throwing my pictures away. I'm sure there will be many, many things that he will do that are worse than that. Ha!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Could someone have asked me to drop the plastic bag in our group shot! Jeez!

Um, I think that picture needs to end up on Facebook. Like, stat.

SO glad you found it!

Karen said...

So funny, I have absolutely no recollection of this Paris dance party. Or of digging up the time capsule. Weird.

Megan said...

Karen - I don't even remember going but clearly I was there Natalie has found the proof.

Will there be a 20 year reunion? If so I want an invite!

Maryellen said...

Wow, you were such a baby!!!!! I'm so happy you found the album because that was awesome to look at.