Sunday, May 2, 2010

A date with Mr. Cheese

Our night at Chuck E. Cheese turned out a lot better than I had anticipated. The place was nearly empty, which helped out a lot. (BTW, what does the E. stand for? Edmond? Edgar? Is it like the S in Harry S Truman and it doesn't stand for anything? Curios.)

For $35 we got the worst pizza I have ever eaten (large- with canadian bacon and pineapple), 2 drinks, 35 tokens and 1 very happy 2-year-old.

This is the only ride we had to wait for. A little girl who looked to be about 6 was celebrating her birthday and she went on it 3 times in a row. Finally her dad intervened and told her to let us go. Then the bday girl wanted to pay for Spencer's ride. After we rode it we tried to get out but she wanted to pay for Spencer to go again. It was very sweet and strange at the same time.




This was not at Chuck E. Cheese. This was last weekend at Baby Sara's bday party. I just got this picture from Laura today. Last Saturday morning I had on the same grey dress that Laura is wearing. I was also wearing a purple tank top. I was this close // to wearing it to the party. How hilarious would that have been?

4 comments:

your hubby said...

It would have been about as hilarious as a toothache! As for the pizza, it wasn't that good, but I wouldn't say the worst. We still have some tokens left and Chuck E. Cheese just happens to be on my way home. Hmm?

Chelsea said...

Yep, CEC definitely has BAD pizza but GOOD times for 2 year olds.
Michael, you are hilarious.
So glad you all had fun! :)

Maryellen said...

You two are great great parents for taking the Chuck E Cheese plunge for Spencer. I have fond childhood memories from there.

The GVZs said...

So, you know how when you start typing something in google it guesses where you are going and makes suggestions? I always play a little game of 'can I type faster than google can think.' Well of course after reading your post I started typing 'what does the e in chuck e cheese stand for' and google guessed what I was thinking by the time I got to what does the e. Goddamn I love google! Anyway, it is somewhat controversial but the general consensus seems to be that the E stands for Entertainment. Also of note are the 'related' searches Google recommended, which included 'much does chuck e cheese cost' and 'does chuck e cheese' serve beer. I guarantee I will not be visiting said establishment until I get an answer to that second question.