Monday, May 31, 2010

Michael's 33rd Birthday

Michael's birthday has come and gone. He's another year older. He has to wait another whole year before the spotlight is back on him (or, just 3 weeks until Father's Day).

Spencer is reflecting on what all this birthday business means. Hmm. My dad is old. I am young. Hmm. Interesting.

We took some fun family photos to mark the event.

Michael claimed that including Ginger in the family photo would ruin his day. I told him he was stupid and wrong and to suck it up because she's part of the family. Nice way to talk to my hubby on his special day, huh?I've decided we need to start doing more pictures of just the two of us. No children or dogs with their wandering eyes and heads to ruin what could otherwise be a nice picture. We went to T.C. Eggington's for breakfast. Highly recommended. Look at this pancake that Spencer got. And Michael got a free slice of chocolate pecan pie because I mentioned it was his birthday. After breakfast we went to the mall and let Spencer play at the indoor play area. It's supposed to be 112 by the end of the week. It's indoor play for us until at least October.Present time! New shirt time!This was the 1st year since Michael and I have been married that I actually didn't make him a special dessert for his birthday. He did get very special brownies from AJ's though. I still feel kind-of bad about my slacking.Spencer got to help blow out the candle.After nap time for all of us Michael and I got ready to go out. Alone. Just adults. We went and saw Date Night. Hilarious. Laughed so hard. Plus, that Mark Wahlberg is pretty easy on the eyes.After the movie we went to a wine bar for some bruschetta and wine. Michael got another free dessert. I'm feeling less and less guilty about not baking something for him.

5 comments:

Michael said...

I feel I must comment on a couple of things. First, only the brownie with the candle was mine, not all four. Second, I'll agree that Mark Wahlberg is easy on the eyes. Yeah, I can admit it! Though his nipples are a little to large.

chelsea said...

Yea for Michael and Yea for birthdays!

Lisa Ayer said...

Happy birthday Michael!!!

Maryellen said...

Fun birthday for Micheal! You're making me want to re-think my decision of not going to see Date Night.

Laura said...

What's up, skinny? Lookin' good.