Thursday, May 20, 2010

Funny stories and other stuff

Funny story #1

We took Ginger for her nightly walk last night. It was like a cat convention out there. We spotted at least 6 kitties in the first 15 minutes. Spencer gets very, very, very excited when he sees a cat. He screams, he giggles and then he states "I do like cats", just in case we forgot in the last 2 minutes. We were nearing our house when Spencer lets out a blood curdling, "CAT!". Michael goes, "Oh, yeah. Another cat." I say, "where? I don't see a cat." Michael points out the cat in between two bushes by a driveway. My response is "you mean that small Mexican pot?"

Yeah. I totally see the resemblance. Separated at birth.

Funny Story #2

We're taking Ginger for her nightly walk tonight. We're getting close to this one house and I'm like, "what? did a whole flock of flamingos move onto that lawn?"

This is what we see Some of the flamingos are wearing "40" necklaces.
This sign is posted in the front yard. My #1 questions is, do you get to keep the flamingos or are they just rented? What does one do with 10-12 pink, plastic lawn flamingos? (And yes, I did go back in the car after the walk to take these pictures. I'm a dedicated blogger)Funny story #3

It's actually not funny at all. It's sad. For me at least. I tried to put this outfit on Spencer today (this picture is a year old). He's only gained like 2 pounds since last May and can still fit into most of his 24 months clothes. He looked really cute in it. Then he told me to take it off because it was for a baby and he is a big boy.
Other stuff #1

I just wanted to mention this because I'm feeling happy about it right now. Spencer and I went to the mall today. Remember when I didn't get my Old Navy cardigans because I am unfortunately not size extra small? Well, I'm over that now because I found these cardigans at NY and Company. I bought white and black. I do plan on wearing them while standing in front of a wind blowing machine while clutching my elbow and with a sultry look on my face.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Michael is funny... and blind.
Flamingos are funny... and pink.
Spencer is funny... and a big boy now.
You are funny... and gorgeous.

The GVZs said...

I love all the stories, but especially enjoyed Spencer demanding to be released from the baby outfit. Good for him. Ha.

Michael said...

In my defense, it was dark and I wanted to believe my 2-year-old son without question.

Maryellen said...

I was not a fan of your cat story. Only because cats freak me out. I did enjoy the mistake between the chiminea and a cat though. That's awesome.

I totally want to be flocked. Okay that sounded really dirty but when I saw the flamingo picture it made me smile. I don't think I'd ever want to keep a whole yard full of flamingos but one or two would be fun.

Where does one purchase a wind machine?

Anonymous said...

Flocking is big around here. I see them all the time! I want to do it to someone. And please post the pics of you wearing the cardigan in front of the wind machine on your blog. -Megan