Thursday, May 6, 2010

Appreciation

This week is Teacher Appreciation week. I'm not a teacher, and thank goodness for that. My maximum is 3 kids at a time. More than that and I can't handle them. I really admire you teacher people for being able to take on a whole class. I am a speech therapist though, and since I work in a school I do consider myself an educator. It's nice to be recognized with the teachers, but it doesn't happen very often. This week, however, I got 2 of the sweetest gifts I've ever received in my capacity as a SLP.

A 3rd grade boy gave me the bag (his mom made it!) and a 3rd grade girl gave me the necklace. Woo Hoo for 3rd grade!

The rest of the post has nothing to do with teacher appreciation.

Spencer is 2 years-8 months old. In 4 short months I will be posting his 3 year old pictures. What? I must have made a typo with that 3. It's not even possible.

Here's the official 2 year-8 month picture. I think this was the hardest month we've ever had in trying to get a decent picture. Spencer has completely lost his ability to look at the camera and smile. (Note the Fruit Loops shirt. I've been waiting for that to go on sale for 6 weeks. Full price, at $6 was too much, but $3 is totally justified.)This was a close 2nd.
These were losers for obvious reasons. This is Spencer showing "mad". He also has faces for "happy", "sad" and "sleepy".

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Great appreciation gifts! You are definitely an educator and do a job that us full classroom teachers couldn't even attempt!
Spencer's faces are Hilarious! You should do one of those Shutterfly collages of non-cut pictures!

Karen said...

What cute gifts!! Also, Mother's Day is coming up. Maybe you'll get some more cute gifts.

Maryellen said...

I appreciate you Natalie! I would appreciate you even more if you would let me know where to get an adult sized version of Spencer's t-shirt. A Fruit loop shirt featuring Toucan Sam? Are you freaking kidding me? That's so awesome!