Monday, June 1, 2009

Vegetables and cranky Spencer

What an interesting title. You're probably thinking that this post will be about how Spencer doesn't like to eat vegetables. Wrong. He's actually a good vegetable eater. Salad is one of his favorites.

Our neighbors/friends have a big vegetable garden. Marcie left these veggies for us today. As I type this I have the zucchini and tomatoes baking in the oven.

My question to all of you is, what the h-e-l-l am I supposed to do with this massive cucumber? I included a tea spoon for size comparison.Onto the cranky Spencer part. He woke up 40 minutes into his nap today and refused to go back to sleep. This is what I've been dealing with ALL afternoon:How mean am I to take a picture while he's in such a state?

2 comments:

The Yager Family said...

I've actually been trying to take more "grumpy" pictures. It's a part of life and worth documenting, plus it could be a great way to guilt trip them later :)
Lilly loves veggies too, but can't seem to eat salad well. Zucchini and tomatoes are favorites!!

Maryellen said...

That is the biggest cucumber that was ever grown...ever...in the whole world. I am curious to know what you're going to do with it. Are all of your neighbors cucumbers that big?

Spencer does look very cranky. He's still so cute though! When I'm cranky I don't look cute at all.