Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nap time

For reasons that are not yet clear to us, Spencer has a history of poor napping on Mondays. He has no problem falling asleep. The problem lies in the staying asleep part. Kind of a critical part. Whenever he doesn't nap well on Monday, he doesn't nap well on Tuesday. Then we have to hope, pray and medicate (JK!) to make sure he sleeps on Wednesday. It's just a vicious cycle.

Imagine my surprise yesterday, after like 5 straight Mondays of 30-40 minute naps, when I had to wake him up after 3 hours.

Look at that beautiful baby sleeping....... on mommy's pillow..... in mommy and daddy's bed.


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

A three hour nap!!!!! Wow I am so jealous! Eliza always napped like a trooper at day care but now that she is home with me for the summer, she is only napping 30 to 40 minutes. I am open to suggestions . . . .

Maryellen said...

Spencer looks out for the count! =)

The Yager Family said...

Aren't long naps the best?!? I am SO lucky that both my kiddos are good sleepers - anyone NOT knocking on wood for me right now is needlessly vicious.
Do you ever worry about him falling off the bed? Lilly moves around so much when she sleeps, I would be so paranoid if she slept in my bed. Maybe she just moves more than most....