Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's all about Ginger

The name of the blog is A Beagle and a Baby, so I thought it was time to do a post about the beagle.

Ginger came with a free collar when we adopted her. It was blue. Functional, yes, but not exactly girlie. A few weeks ago we finally bought her a "girl" collar- pink with white polka dots. We also got a pink leash. Ginger is now in touch with her femininity.

I took this picture yesterday. Ginger was laying on the floor and I rolled her over to pat her belly. Then I walked away. I came back about 5 minutes later and she was in the exact same position. Silly dog. I got prime rib when we went out to dinner for Michael's birthday. The size of that prime rib was reminiscent of the piece of meat that tips over the Flintstones car.
Once we finally cut off all the leftover meat, Ginger was lucky enough to get the bone. She had it stripped down within 10 minutes. She also got into some funky positions for her chewing. OK- so I totally lied about this post being all about Ginger. I just had to add these pictures. Spencer and I started our mommy and me swim lessons yesterday.

I think he's a little bi-polar. He can go from this..... ..........to this in 10 seconds flat.

Isn't his swim ensemble cute? I like the surf shirt because I feel he gets less sun exposure with it. Since I'm in the pool with him I don't have pictures of the actual lesson. He did great though. After one half-hour session he was holding on to the edge of the pool by himself and sticking his face in the water to attempt bubble blowing.

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

You made me laugh out loud twice. The first time I laughed was when I saw the picture of Ginger still in her "pat my belly" pose.

The second time was when you called your son bi-polar and showed the two pictures.

FUNNY!!!!!

The Yager Family said...

That is awesome that he did so well at swim lessons! Glad you had fun! Lilly still isn't a big fan of blowing bubbles... she prefers to keep her whole head out of water. Silly girl. Cute post!!

Kendra Forgacs said...

I love that you did a whole post (almost) about Ginger. I think our 4-legged friend, Pancake, is a little depressed about not being the #1 baby around here anymore. I should dedicate a post to her....and get off my butt more frequently to walk her!