Friday, March 27, 2009

What? No flashback Friday?

Sometimes I have a hard time coming up with an idea for flashback Friday. Or I have an idea but I'd rather go to bed early or watch TV. Sometimes I have a great idea but it involves scanning old pictures and I flat out don't feel like it.

Maryellen does a top 10 list on her blog every Monday. I think that on Fridays when I don't have a flashback I will do my own list. It might have more than 10 items. It could have less.

My first list is going to be a pretty inclusive summary of all things that annoy me. They run the gamut from mild nuisance to things that really really piss me off (sorry mom).

Here they are in no particular order.

* Weeds.
Seriously, do they have any purpose? I spend $50 dollars on a tree. I water it, fertilize it, trim it and tend to it. It dies. But the damn weeds roll in and grow such big, strong roots they tap into the ground water supply. And why are there so many varieties? And why do they have their own defense system that rivals the US ballistic missile defense system?

* Painted on eyebrows.
What? You actually shaved off your eyebrows so you could smear on that crap?

*When people use the same sponge/rag to wash the dishes and wipe the counters.
Do you really want to invite e-coli, salmonella, trichinosis and listeria for a party in your intestines? Let's all just follow basic hygiene rules in the food preparation area.

*There/their/they're; to/too/two; your/you're
These words were on my spelling list in the THIRD GRADE. Please learn the difference. It's not hard.

*And speaking of spelling words from elementary school. Except and accept are different words with very different meanings. I really didn't like it when the manager at McDonald's rolled his eyes at me for pointing out that the sign stating " we no longer except checks" didn't make a lick of sense.

*When people say "you look tired."
Yeah, well you look like a baboon ate half your face.

*The customer service at Home Depot.
I wouldn't be here if I wasn't planning on buying something. Don't ignore me just because I have boobs.

*When girls wear teeny tiny clothes to a bar when it's cold outside.
You look stupid. Get a coat.

*Song lyrics that repeat the same words over and over and over.
I have to take blood pressure medication after listening to Message in a Bottle by The Police. Couldn't Sting afford to pay someone to write some different words into that song?

*And on the subject of songs, how annoying is it when the artist talks during the song?
It's a song. If I wanted to hear talking I'd buy a book on tape. What about the kids at the 8th grade dance? How are they supposed to awkwardly slow dance while you chat it up?

*The 15 item or less line at the grocery store.
There's always some fool who thinks 25 cans of cat food count as 1 item.

*When people run stop signs.
It's not merely a suggestion.

* When I'm stopped at a stop sign and the car that doesn't have a stop sign stops and waves me on.
That's not polite. It's dangerous. And foolish. And annoying. And I'll be fuming about it until the next song comes on the radio. Unless it's Message in a Bottle by The Police. Then I'll just have to run my car into a tree. Which will probably just crumble and fall over because the damn weeds have sucked up all the water.


3 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Seriously, good thing I didn't read this at work, or I would have had another awkward "trying so hard not to laugh that I'm snorting" moment. Where do you come up with them?!?

Anonymous said...

I have the opposite problem at Home Depot. *Because* I have boobs, EVERY SINGLE person who works there comes over to see what I need because they don't think I'm capable of finding it myself. And speaking of improper English in stores, it's supposed to be "15 items or fewer." -Megan

Natalie said...

You're totally right Megan. I checked at our grocery store today and it does say "or less". Maybe I could get the manager at Fry's to roll his eyes at me too.