Tuesday, March 3, 2009

sleeping

It was hot yesterday. 90 degrees. That means it was hot in our bedroom last night. I couldn't sleep. You know how sometimes you look at the clock during the night and you're shocked to see the time. That was me. It was after midnight and I wasn't sure if I had been asleep or not. It was just so hot. Michael was all cuddled up and sleeping soundly and I had this thought:

Spencer and I could go to sleep on an iceberg and we'd still have to ask a polar bear to turn on the ceiling fan.

Michael could go to sleep inside of an active volcano and he'd ask for an extra quilt. I don't know who he is asking because he's inside a volcano, but it was after midnight and all logic is cancelled at that hour. Spencer and I are talking to a polar bear.
I actually laughed outloud while laying in bed, in the dark, in the middle of the night- like some sort of schizophrenic maniac.

And just for the record, Ginger can sleep under a variety of conditions and temperatures as long as she's allowed to be on our bed. Or on my parent's bed if we're in Tucson.

2 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Ahh the trials of tribulations of getting a good night's sleep!

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at the 'who he's asking cause he's inside a volcano' comment. HILAR!