Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sorry friends

Sorry everyone. There was no Flashback Friday last week. I just didn't have the time to blog that day.

My parents went to a Bed and Breakfast for the weekend and we were their dog/house sitters, so we went to Tucson on Friday afternoon. Michael worked that day, meaning I was responsible for getting everything packed and in the car. Planning a weekend away (even only 100 miles away) with a beagle and a baby takes way more coordination and planning than anything these guys might be plotting.

First I had to get the house in enough order so that I didn't vomit upon seeing a huge mess when we came home today. That meant doing all the dishes that had been neglected during the week and all the laundry. Then I started packing. When we leave town for an overnight visit we have to bring clothes for us, clothes for Spencer (for a full range of weather conditions we might experience including hurricane, torrential rain, flood, forest fire, blizzard, heat wave and tornado) jammies for us, jammies for Spencer, shoes for everyone, toys for Spencer, Ginger's leash and collar, Ginger's car blanket, Spencer's sippy cups, Spencer's dishes, Spencer's snacks for the car, the portable DVD player, a variety of Baby Einstein DVD's, Spencer's eczema care products (that's 1 whole bag right there), our toiletries, and, of course, the actual baby and the beagle. This is all packed while Spencer works at unpacking everything I have just put in a bag.

I did all of that on Friday while also cooking for and feeding the baby, walking the beagle, nursing the baby, feeding the beagle, playing with the baby, making a few appointments and talking to the neighbors. Then, before we left I had to remember to turn down the thermostat, turn off all the lights, check the windows and doors to make sure they were locked and set the alarm. Whew!

I'll make sure that this Friday is an extra special event. Especially because it will be the first day of my spring break and I'll be in an extra special mood.

No comments: