Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wednesday night dinner

When my mom was getting her master's degree in the early 70's she took a class on Wednesday afternoon. My grandma (her mother-in-law) told her to come eat dinner with her and my grandfater after class, and the tradition of Wednesday night dinner was born. My grandmother has made dinner for the whole family every Wednesday night since then.

I haven't been to a Wednesday night dinner since I left Tucson in 2000. I also thought it was important that Spencer experience at least one Wednesday night dinner in his life, so we intentionally planned our spring break trip to Tucson in the middle of the week so we could surprise my grandma.

Here's the family eating.

Ginger's birthday was on Tuesday so I made red velvet cupcakes to celebrate. I topped them with raspberries, not gummy worms.Yummy!

My brother Nathan and Ginger both look kind of annoyed. Nathan and Geech are happy, but now Spencer is annoyed.

Spencer got a bath in my parent's kitchen sink when we got home.

2 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Looks like a fun evening!

Maryellen said...

Yay, you're back and you did not disappoint. Seems like a really fun time. Your parents kitchen counters are very nice.