Thursday, December 7, 2017

A week of too much work

I worked Tuesday and Wednesday the week of Thanksgiving, so to make up for not working on Thursday I worked a four day week last week- the week after Thanksgiving.  It was way too much work. 

Michael and I were both struggling at work that day (you know, first day back after a bunch of days off) so I took these funny pictures to send to him thinking it would help to bust up the day, but then I actually got busy and never sent them.  




I went to Trader Joe's after work.  I took this picture to send to Megan.  I never did.  Do we see a theme here?  

I love Trader Joe's body butters.  Now I have pumpkin, pomegranate, mango, and warm vanilla sugar. 
I took this picture to send to my uncle.  These are the glasses we gave him (we kept some too), and I wanted to show him I was using it for iced coffee.  I DID send this picture. 
I got to work on Tuesday morning and immediately walked by this peach and quesadilla massacre on my way to my room.  I thought it was random and funny. 

I was also impressed with my pants/shoes coordination that day. 

The spaghetti squash I made for dinner that night had sprouted inside.
It looked like worms at first so I was totally disgusted.  Once I realized they were just sprouts I scooped them out and all was fine. 

I got my Christmas music jam on while driving to work on Wednesday.
And that night I made some limoncello.  It won't sit for that long before Christmas, so I hope it's decent. 

On Thursday night I opened my new Penzeys ground cloves to make gingerbread cookie dough.  Look at Penzeys (left) compared to generic (right).  They don't even look like the same food. 

MMMM.  Gingerbread cookie dough. 

Up next: A triple party weekend that I will probably break up into three posts, mostly so I can get my post count up as we approach the end of the year. 
Party one: my brother's in Tucson
Party two: Shireen's house and the botanical gardens
Party three: cookie party for Spencer at our house. 

No comments: