Friday, May 14, 2010

Some Friday afternoon thoughts

I've been actively looking for a new job for next school year. I sent out resumes in February, had some interviews in March and spent April trying to decide which job I wanted. I am so fortunate to be a speech language pathologist and don't have to worry about unemployment. I have 4 offers to choose from. Yesterday I visited the school that is my #1 choice. I don't want to say too much about it. I feel like I might jinx something. These are the important points: more money for fewer hours, they are quite interested in me, I am quite interested in them.

Wouldn't it be cute if the school looked like this? It doesn't.

I lost a lot of weight over the last year just by not eating like a pig. It also helped that I was no longer being used as Spencer's bed and sitting/laying down for a huge chunk of the day. I've now made the hard choice to start exercising. I hate exercise. Loathe it.

I've done this DVD the past 2 days. I feel good about it. I did this DVD once. It wasn't as hard as the Jillian Michaels one. Michael's mom and dad are going to be here this weekend. Michael's mom's b-day is next week. I will be making these cupcakes (Chocolate Mocha Mousse Filled) in the jumbo muffin cups. One of these bad boys will undo like 9 days of the exercise DVDs. I have 8 days of work left in this school year. 6 of those days are 1/2 days. Just thought I'd share.

Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

Laura said...

whatever lucky girl, I'm jealous. I'm also very happy, because, for the first time EVER, I am the first person to comment on your bloggity blog.

Michael said...

I am going to eat the H-E-L-L out of the cupcake I get! MMM, mmm gooood!

Maryellen said...

This was a post full of great news! I've never done Jillian's Shred. I couldn't bounce for awhile so I couldn't do it. Now I can bounce and I'm scared of it.

Those look like the most awesome cupcakes in the world!

Chelsea said...

Those cupcakes look amazing, and I think you should eat two if you're working out! Good for you!
And good luck with the new job - it sounds perfect, and I hope it works out!

The GVZs said...

I hate Jillian Michaels. Like I want to cut her kind of hate her. Her video is tough, but I still hate her. I would much rather eat the sh*t out of one of those cupcakes. I probably shouldn't have said that. This is a family blog, after all.