Thursday, April 1, 2021

An announcement

There is an announcement in this post.  It's coming soon.  First you have to get through a couple of days of boring stuff. 

More Easter decorating took place on Sunday the 21st.  I've been wonderfully pleased with this Snoopy hutch.
We changed the sheets on the bed that day too.  There is nothing like fresh sheets on a bed on Sunday night. 
Spencer went to the dermatologist on Monday the 22nd.  He is doing incredibly well on the Dupixent shot and for the first time in his life his eczema and his asthma are completely under control. 
OK, here it is. The announcement!

 On Wednesday the 24th we started a trial period with a dog we were hoping to adopt.  It's a done deal now, so I can tell you!

His foster mom brought him over that afternoon and we took him for a walk as she left so that he wouldn't notice as much and be sad. 

When we got him his name was Henry, but we have renamed him Kevin.

This is Kevin, and this is the first picture taken of him in our family. 

We all took turns walking him. 


Kevin! He's a one year old basenji.  I've been doing a lot of research on dog breeds that are less allergenic and basenji's are just that.   This was his first evening.  He was a little nervous, so he sat on the couch with daddy. 





My first selfie with Kevin.

Cuddled up in our bed that night. 

Spencer had to go to the orthodontist on Thursday morning and we didn't want to leave Kevin home alone on his second day, so he came and waited in the car with me. 
Then he hung out with me all day while I worked.  I wish I could bring him to work when I go back in-person.




Kevin is a cuddler and he sits right by (on) me in bed watching TV. 

I had an appointment for a diagnostic mammogram on Friday morning the 26th (just a baseline post-reconstruction- all is well, there are no concerns), so Kevin stayed home with Michael while I was gone. 
Then I went to work and did an in-person evaluation.  The first I've done since November.  It was odd but also normal. 

Kevin cuddles that night. 



Kevin participated in his first zoom on Saturday the 27th.  It was a Palm Sunday theme. 

And he had some quality time with daddy in bed that evening. 



Up next: Kevin's first full week with us, a festive Easter house, and Easter. 

No comments: