Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Tattoo

Now that you know about my breast cancer diagnosis, I can actually blog about this!

On Friday the 13th Michael and I got matching tattoos.  I never, ever thought that I would get a tattoo.  It wasn't something that appealed to me in the least. But having breast cancer has changed me in ways that I couldn't even imagine and this felt right.  It felt good. 

I came up with the idea of getting an inner wrist tattoo at the end of August.  I asked my oncologist if I would be allowed to get one and she said yes.  Then I asked Michael if he wanted to get a matching one and he was totally into the idea.  We didn't plan on going on the 13th, but that was the first day that the artist could get us in that also worked for us. 

Michael took a long lunch break so we could go together.

Before

My wrist before


Michael's before

The stencil

My during


My immediate after


Michael's stencil


Michael's during


My after, once the redness dissipated. 


Michael's after

Our matching tattoos!

No comments: