Friday, September 20, 2019

Spencer turns 12!

Spencer turned 12 on Friday the 6th.  It seems like some sort of weird dream to even write that.  Like, how is it even possible at all for him to be 12?  I was close to downtown for an appointment so Michael and I met for lunch.  I had a glass of wine to celebrate the anniversary of becoming a mother.
Once the birthday boy got home from school we took his pictures.  I think we got this done in two takes.  That is quite different from the 5,000 pictures it took when he was one. 

His block picture took like three takes, but only because the first configuration was not working. 
We went out to Zinburger for dinner.  That is three birthday dinners in a row at Zinburger- 10, 11 and 12. 

Michael failed to mention to me that my arm was all jacked up in this picture. 

Free dessert. 
Spencer wanted cookies for his at home while singing dessert so we bought these huge cookies from Crumbl.  It took, no joke, an entire week to eat all of them. The one on the left was Biscoff, then two chocolate chip, then a frosted sugar. 
Elliott got sent to bed before we sang and did dessert and presents so he will not be present in any of these pictures.  For documentation purposes I will tell you that he threw a Pokemon card at Spencer's face soon after we got home.  And when I say documentation purposes I really mean it's a reminder for myself when I read this post in eight years and wonder where the hell Elliott was. 



Presents!

Cash from grandparents


Cash and a check for college from my parents

All of these gifts were from parents





There was also a book that I didn't get a picture of. 

Obligatory birthday pictures with parents.

Dad being a dad. 



And he's really 12.  TWELVE.

No comments: