Monday, June 4, 2018

Celebrating Michael

On Sunday morning (May 27th), the day after my brother's party, Michael and I left the kids with my parents in Tucson and drove home.  I had planned an 11-hour date for us to celebrate Michael's birthday and we didn't want to pay for an 11-hour sitter, hence the leaving the children. 

I sent this picture to Joni because she was driving to Rocky Point.

We got home, showered, got ready, and then drove to downtown Phoenix.

We parked in a parking garage and then had to make our way through the seas of people dressed up for Phoenix Comic-Con.  It was amusing. 

Then we finally made it to the main event: The Phoenix Symphony.  I bought tickets specifically for this show because it was all the music of John Williams. 




After the show we stopped for a snack (because we failed to include lunch as part of the plans) and then drove home.  We were home for, like, 20 minutes, and then we drove to Scottsdale for dinner at Morton's.  

They had pig lights on the tables!

They put a candle in Michael's chocolate mousse.

After dinner we went to see Deadpool 2.  We got there about 30 minutes before it started and had the place to ourselves. 

I somehow managed to sleep for 9 straight hours on Sunday night. It was glorious. Michael and I went to breakfast at Kneaders on Monday morning and then drove to Eloy to meet my mom and the kids at the McDonald's on Toltec Road.  It's the same place (though not the exact same location) that we met my grandparents when I was a kid to exchange kids.  


Did I mention that Ginger stayed with her grandparents as well?  She was happy/sad to come home. 

It was Memorial day, so we dressed the part. 
 I bought cookies for the kids when we were at breakfast.  I specifically asked for the red, white and blue stars.  I was given green butterflies.  Thanks for nothing, Kneaders. 


My manicure for the day. 

And not related to Michael's celebration or Memorial Day, but we got end of the year gifts ready for the teachers on Tuesday the 29th.  It was the only thing noteworthy about the day. 



This was for the bus driver. 
The next day, May 30th, was significant for about 80 reasons, so it will be split into about 80 posts.  Prepare yourself. 

No comments: