Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Too much party planning

Spencer was confirmed and received his First Holy Communion this past Saturday.  We had a party with about 25 people after the mass.  We also had a dinner party with nine people the night before.  All of last week was spent grocery shopping (I think I went to every grocery store in the valley), cleaning, baking and cooking.  

I did manage to take some pictures during the week leading up to the big event though, so, we'll review.

Last Saturday, the 21st, we went out to breakfast at a local Mexican place.  Until the day before we were unaware that they served breakfast.  OMG.  So good.  We'll be going back a million times.

Look at my omelet!  It had carne asada inside. 
Michael and I were running errands on Saturday afternoon when we went into AJ's to get a drink because it was a million degrees outside.  They were having a rose wine tasting, so we stopped by and sampled everything.  We ended up buying a bottle of sparkling rose. 

All of the party supplies ready to go on Saturday afternoon. 
On Sunday the 22nd we cleaned out a bunch of old puzzles and gave them to our neighbors.  We found this one that Spencer made when he was five.  I couldn't part with it. 

We also replaced this curtain,  

With this curtain.  
The kids went in the pool for the first time this year that evening. I made a sweet, sweet video of them jumping in, but I am not in the mood for transferring and then uploading it. 


We also found a rogue blackberry on the freezer handle that night. 
On Monday the 23rd Elliott and I went to Costco to buy wine for the party.  Any guesses how many bottles were finished vs how many are left?
The kids went back in the pool on Tuesday the 24th.  I walked outside to hand Elliott his goggles and was surprised to find a very pretty sunset. 


Somebody that I do not know (I'm assuming the guy on the left) posted this picture on Facebook on Wednesday the 25th.  They tagged somebody I do know, Ed (on the right).  They said, in the caption, "we're with Ed, but we're not wearing red", which is in reference to the Red for Education movement in Arizona.  

So, I thought it would be funny to edit it.  I just sent it to Ed, not the people I don't know. 
All public schools in the whole state of Arizona were cancelled for teacher walk-outs (you GO teachers!) on Thursday the 26th.  The kids went to a friend's house while I was at work, and then I took them to piano lessons.  Spencer showed me his flesh wound while Elliott was practicing. 
And that's it.  Up next: the Friday night dinner party and after that, the big party on Saturday.  I have no pictures from the actual mass because photography was banned inside. 

No comments: