Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Party #1

Last Friday the kids were home from school for day two of the teacher strike.  I had planned on a whole day to myself to get ready for the parties, so I had to readjust my plans to accommodate two children, but I still somehow got everything done. 

My Uncle Terry was spending the night with us that night so he could attend the confirmation practice with Spencer.  My parents got a hotel room for the night since my uncle was in the room where they normally stay.  Jerry and Lois also got a hotel room for the night so they didn't have to drive from Tucson in the morning. We had invited all of them for Friday night dinner.

I baked the cakes and cupcakes for the Saturday party on Thursday.  I frosted/decorated them on Friday afternoon. 

I had no idea what I was doing with that piping bag. 




I baked a bunch of cookies on Friday too. 

My uncle arrived around 4:00 on Friday.  He wanted Spencer to open his presents right away.  

Then they headed off to the rehearsal and everyone else arrived. I made a big Mexican feast for dinner, but of course there are no pictures. 

I set up a big table in the living room so we could all eat together.  It had been Lois' birthday on Tuesday, so we did a birthday party for her too. 

I gave her pink champagne macarons. 

We gave my uncle a prayer cube for being Spencer's sponsor. 

Then Spencer got to open all of his presents. 

Book from us

Prayer cube and cross from us

Book from Jerry and Lois


Cross from Sheila (who was not there)

Cash from my parents

Box from my parents

The cake I bought from Costco.  It was dang good. 





Spencer played happy birthday on the recorder. 

And then we all had to go to bed because of the big day the next day. 

No comments: