Monday, May 7, 2018

Confirmation/Communion

Spencer did his First Holy Communion and Confirmation on April 28th.  Nobody was allowed to take pictures in the church.  There was a professional photographer there, but you had to pay for the pictures and they were unacceptably expensive.  So, I have nothing to show you from the mass. 

My Uncle Terry was Spencer's sponsor for Confirmation.  He asked if he could drive Spencer in his car.  We did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that it was not against the law for Spencer to ride in the front seat.  It was maybe not the safest thing ever, but it was about three miles total.  He did it to and from the church.  

I promise he had been wearing a seatbelt, he just already took it off. 

We had about 25 people come to the party after. 

Ginger was so amused. 




Spencer's godmother Elisa came up from Tucson.  It meant the world to have her there. 
True friendship is when your friend gets up early on a Saturday 120 miles away and loads her whole family into a car and drives for two hours to come to your son's two hour mass. 


I did a baked potato bar for lunch.  I did russet and sweet.  These were the toppings for the sweet potatoes. 
I had a whole bunch of topping options for the russet potatoes.  We forgot to put the sour cream out until basically everyone had served themselves.  We ruined the whole party. 




This is the candle holder my sponsor gave me for my confirmation.  We used it as a centerpiece on the kitchen table. 




Spencer got lots and lots of presents. 

My parents stayed after the party and spent the night that night.  We spent a lot of time cleaning up, and then I was so exhausted I wanted to sleep for 3 days straight.  

But first, some selfies. 






No comments: