Sunday, January 27, 2013

This is our.....pantry

I was really bad at taking pictures this week.  We had lots of stuff going on, including my parents spending the night, lunch with my uncle who was visiting from Florida and a girl's night out for me.  I just didn't document any of it with the camera. 
 
Well.  That's not true.
 
I did get these pictures of my dad nearly killing himself getting into a position that would allow him to look up into the chimney.
I had simply asked if I was ever going to need to hire a chimney sweep since it is a gas fireplace.  The answer, if you are curious, is probably not.  The chimney is incredibly clean and free of any build up.  I was a little disappointed.  I really wanted Dick Van Dyke to dance around on my roof while singing "chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim chim cher-ee!" 
So, anyway, in lieu of a bunch of dirty cockney chimney sweeps on my roof, here's an incredibly in-depth look at my pantry. 
 
I love the pantry.  It is one of my absolute favorite things about the house.  The hardest part about meal preparation is just coming up with an idea of what to make, but once I have an idea, this pantry makes cooking a breeze.
 
This is the pantry door.
I had hung a Christmas wreath on here for the holidays and I liked how it looked.  After I took it down I wanted something that wasn't specific to a certain holiday, so I made this wreath for less than $11 in materials.  I like it, but I won't be offended if you say it looks like a kindergartener made it with scraps left over from other projects.
 
These are my free printables that I found on pinterest.
And here is the pantry in all its glory.
 
See those three bags of chips?  We are not chipaholics.  Those are left over from a small party we had a few weeks ago in which several people brought chips and we ended up with 6 bags of chips for 12 people.
 
I have my aprons hanging on the back of the door. 
I threw away all of our expired medicine when we moved and bought all new stuff.  It was ridiculously expensive.  If you need some non-expired medicine though, come on over.   Oh, and apparently my dad thinks I have bad breath because there were 6 tins of altoids in my stocking for Christmas.
 
These are my herbs and spices.
 
This is our boozy corner.  Michael really likes port wine.
 
All of my baking stuff.
 
I love having extra space for all of my holiday platters and large serving pieces.
It's also nice to not have to store small appliances in the linen closet at the end of the hallway like I have been doing for the past 6 years. 
This is HUGE.  I know it just looks like wax paper and foil and storage bags, but the fact that they are readily available is amazing to me.  We kept this stuff in a drawer that kept on breaking in our old house.  The drawer, because it kept on breaking, basically sat on the floor in the dining room for over a year.  It was a journey and a pain every time I needed to get anything from one of these boxes.
 
I have about 2,000 cupcake/muffin liners, which is about 1,980 more than any one family needs.
I also have waaaaaaaaaaay too much tea.  We like tea.  We drink a lot of tea.  But nobody needs this much tea.
 
And finally, every blog post should end with paper towels and beer on the floor.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

How is it that you can even make a post about a pantry funny? Crazy! ;-). I love the wreath and the printables and am so jealous of the pantry. Ours is a tiny closet...good thing I don't cook much, huh? But our next house must have more pantry and cabinet space! :-)

Megan said...

I looooooved my pantry at our old house. It's one of the things I miss most about it. I just love having all food-related items in one place. My set-up was almost the exact same as yours, right down to the top-shelf platters. Enjoy!

Cat said...

I like your pantry, lots of space. I don't have a pantry, but perhaps some day when we can afford a bigger house, I may need to get one. I'm a little jealous. Also, why was I not aware that you could get free printables like that on pinterest?! I'm missing out!