Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1st

I have a really hard time looking at this picture.  January 2nd was the day that we rushed Elliott to the ER at 9:00 pm and January 3rd was the day he almost died.  I think his urinary tract infection (that turned into sepsis) started on January 1st though, which means that right here is the beginning of him getting incredibly sick.
 
I don't have a hard time with this one.  Look at how far he has come in a year.

 
2011
 
2012
Two fisting his graham crackers. 
 
I haven't even written my Christmas blog post(s) yet, but I wanted to talk about today first.  Mostly because it was a pretty relaxed day that won't take much time to discuss.  Ha!
 
I was cooking and Michael was putting laundry away this morning.  Both of the kids ended up in Elliott's room.  They were really playing together. I love it.


 
John and Maryellen came over this afternoon and stayed for dinner.  We had so much fun together.  I didn't take many pictures because we were too busy eating, drinking wine (we live so close to each other that John went home to get more wine and was back in about 4 minutes) and laughing.
 
I did get this gem of Ginger and John.
 
John and Spencer were watching videos together.
 
Elliott tried to drink a beer.
 
Sorry baby.  20 more years.
 And that was pretty much our New Year day.
 
I'm going to start taking down Christmas decorations tomorrow.  I realized I never took pictures of any of them though.  I liked how I arranged things, which is amazing since I just kind of threw everything up as quickly as I could, so I want to remember for next year.
 
Does anybody know where I can go to get something embroidered?  I'd like to get our names on our stockings now that our family is complete. 
 

 
 
I'm usually sad to take Christmas decorations down, but this year I am looking forward to it.  I'm excited to see our house really done.  We were still unpacking when all the decorations went up, so this is our first chance to really see it completed minus a huge fake tree by the front window.. 

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Yes, that first picture of Elliott makes me very sad, but the next pictures make me smile again so its okay. What a year that little man has had! I'd say he deserves that beer...hehe! Love the Christmas decorations...I doubt I would have gotten more than the tree done with all you've done this past month. At least Elliott's birthday was a good motivation, right? Happy New Year! 2013 is going to be an awesome year for you all!

k and j said...

Poor wittle Elliott! But look at him now, wow! What a little miracle boy he is :)

Maryellen said...

What a difference between this year's picture of Elliott and last year's picture! He definitely doesn't look like the same kiddo. He's so adorable just like his older brother!

Thanks again for the New Year's dinner and hang out. We had a fantastic time as usual!!

Cat said...

Wow! This is going to sound kind of repetitive to what others said, but what a difference a year makes. Also, love the decorations. I get sad when I have to take my Christmas decorations. I was late this year, it was like Jan. 8th by time I took most of mine down. But it'll soon be time to put up Valentine's Day decorations.