Friday, October 5, 2012

Mid Week Happenings

Tuesday morning:
 
My kids are cute, especially right after they both wake up in good moods.

Wednesday night:
 
I made Elliott a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner.  It was his first sandwich.  Grilled cheese can be pretty  unhealthy, but I used whole grain bread and homemade coconut butter instead of butter or margarine.

 
He doesn't appear to like it, but he ate the entire thing and seemed disappointed when it was done.
 
Thursday:
 
We started packing.
 
Spencer made us a pile of newspaper for wrapping fragile items.
 
Michael and I moved the dining room table so we'll have room for boxes.
 
This is the first completed box.  It's taped and labeled. I was all excited to get started.  Then I packed one box and the excitement passed.  It was replaced with slight enthusiasm mixed with a lot of dread.
 
I went to Hobby Lobby last Saturday and Kirkland today and bought some stuff for Elliott's party.
 
I feel like an idiot buying Christmas stuff in October, but I really, really don't want to be doing this in the middle of the move.
 
I totally cleared off these shelves and packed most of the stuff on them.  The empty shelves were just begging to be replaced with Halloween.
 
It is actually very exciting to think that after I pack Halloween back into the sterilite containers we will store them in the attic above the garage at the new house.  And the next time we unpack this stuff we'll have been in our house for almost a year and will be decorating it for Halloween for the first time.
 
Michael has a 4 day weekend.  Columbus day is on Monday and Tuesday is his normal day off.  Pretty excited to have him home for all that time.
 
We're getting the oil changed in my car and fall pictures done on Saturday.  There has also been talk of pumpkin donuts and iced coffee.  And probably a lot of packing.
 
I looked at the 7 day forecast and saw a 55 degree overnight low.  We'll have to get out the warm jammies and put extra blankets on the bed.  Brrrrrrr.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Yum, Elliott's dinner looks very tasty! Don't you just love when our kids' meals look better than ours? I just love how tasty Brody's school lunch always looks...mostly fresh veggies, cheese, crackers, etch. It just always looks good to me, and he does seem to like it too since his box always comes home empty. Ugh, the packing pictures do not entice me to move anytime soon. Looks like hard work, but I know it will be so worth it when you get settled! I am just so OCD and get so stressed when I have so much to do and everything around me is in "chaos." Ha! Hope you and Michael have a productive long weekend!

Jeannette said...

Ah, Fall! I can feel it! It's coming. No, not today. Today it's still 94 degrees, but SOON! Love the Halloween decor! Congrats on packing the first box. You're 1/500 of the way there! ;) Out of curiosity, how do you make coconut butter? I have coconut oil, so I assume I'm most of the way there, no?
Have a great long weekend! :)

k and j said...

im sure moving is a chore but i am JEALOUS! such a good time to de-junk and get organized!

Michael said...

I wish we had a teleporting device so that we can just teleport our stuff to the new house and not have to pack and then unpack.

Cat said...

I LOVE your Halloween decorations. It's a good thing I don't have awesome shelves like that or I would buy too many decorations and fill them up. I know packing can be a pain, but just keep thinking of that NEW HOME. It'll be worth it!