Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ladies and Babies

Ladies and Babies is the short title of this post.  The long title is "Ladies, Babies, Kids, Costumes, Cake, Wildlife, Shopping, Dancing, Sillies, Beagle Panic Attack and Noshing".  But we'll stick with Ladies and Babies because it rhymes and the long title is just ridiculous.
 
Michael took the kids to Basha's this morning for some early trick or treating.  They had stations set up in each section of the store- deli, bakery, produce, etc.
 
Per my instructions he tried his hardest to get a good picture before they left the house. 
 
Elliott refused to wear his Winnie the Pooh bear ears hat.  Oh well.  He's still a tubby tubby little bear.
 
He wasn't very fond of the slippers either.

 
There was face painting too.  Spencer was very proud of his little ghost.

 
For $1 they got to paint a pumpkin.  You could pick between supplies for a witch pumpkin or a zombie pumpkin.  Spencer picked a zombie.  We were not even aware that he knew what a zombie was.  Dang that kid and his affinity for listening to our adult conversations.
For $5 they bought a cake from the bakery and were able to decorate it however they liked.  Spencer was a little heavy handed with the sprinkles. 
While all of this was going on I was on my lady date with my lady friends.  We were at the riparian area for about an hour.  The conversation was lovely, but it was hot.  I looked forward to going to lunch in the air conditioning the entire time. 

 
We saw turtles,
 
and herons,
 
and geese.
A guy with a glorious mullet took this of us.  If he hadn't been holding MY camera and taking a picture of ME, I would have tried to sneak a picture of the back of his head. 
After I rendezvoused with my family at home it was time for Elliott to nap.  Michael and I packed and Spencer snuck in some extra TV time.  Then we set out for some Saturday afternoon shopping. 
 
Stop #1 was Babies R Us.  Elliott was in some serious need of some warmer clothes.  I don't understand how it can be that I kept every single piece of Spencer's clothing and yet Elliott has nothing to wear in the coming months.
 
Well, I took care of that. 
I usually don't buy fleece pants because they are too hot to wear here.  These were so soft though, and remarkably thin.


I got this for Elliott to wear for his party.  The birthday boy should look nice, don'tcha think?  I wonder if I could find a little red bow tie to match.  I wonder if Elliott would wear it.
Stop #2 was JoAnne's Fabrics where we got nothing.  Stop #3 was Trader Joe's.  Spencer has been asking us for weeks if we could go there so he could push the little shopping cart around.  We ended up spending $33.  Pretty expensive trip for Spencer to push a shopping cart around.
 
After we fed the kids a dinner made up entirely of Trader Joe's food, Spencer and Michael danced.  I have had Green Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf stuck in my head all day long (I don't even like that song), so I put it on youtube and Spencer wanted to rock out.


 
Then Michael danced with his daughter.
She looks posessed and like she's about to rip Michael's face off here, but she actually really liked it.  Well, as much as a beagle can like upright dancing to a horrible song from the 70's.
The hijinks continued in the bedroom after dinner.  Michael layed Elliott on the bed and then would jump on the bed next to him.  Elliott just laughed and laughed and laughed. 



Ginger started flipping out because there was a fireworks show going on (we live a few miles away from a wedding reception place so there are fireworks shows on many a Saturday night) and that can only mean one thing: armed guards must be on their way to cut out the still beating heart of any and every 10 year old blonde beagle in the area.
 
Seriously, Ginger, calm down.  It's just a few bangs.  No need to have a conniption.
 
She was too emotionally distraught to stick around for all of the fun.
After the kids were in bed Michael and I had a little dinner of the nosh variety: blueberry vanilla goat cheese on wheat sourdough toast, olives, salami and rosemary roasted teeny tiny potatoes (that's actually what the label said).
 
We watched Super 8 on netflix.
 
At one point in the movie there was a loud bang and something scary happened at the same time and I actually screamed a little bit.  Ginger just looked at me as if to say, "you see.  They're probably on their way to cut your still beating heart out now."  Then she left the room all huffy like.
 
Tomorrow we are going to a pumpkin patch/farm.  That's 2 outdoor activities in 1 weekend.  Not only will I have skin cancer by Monday morning, but it will ensure that I take an extra trip to some sort of retail center (Target, Mall, Costco- take your pick) this week.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Pics of Michael & Ginger dancing are classic!

Valerie said...

Once again your Ginger commentary is enough to make me roll on the floor laughing.

Your loves looked so cute in their costumes! I cannot wait for December for Elliott's birthday. I'm so excited to see what you've come up with!

Jeannette said...

There is just so much fun jammed into this one post! It all made me smile! Since I can't even begin to single out all of the super fun things, I will say that we just watched Super 8 on Netflix last weekend. Scary movies like that all have the same deal, it seems. First 97.3%: spooky/creepy/loud (poor Ging!); final 2.7% corny/crappy CGI.

Cat said...

Looks like you had a good time with the girls. Cute dancing pics.