Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Preparation

I've been done with work for a week now. Man. That went fast. Now we're settling into summer mode. These are some of the things we accomplished in the past couple of days.

#1) Registering for swim lessons.

Spencer is enrolled for the 1st two sessions. We're going to do a mommy/toddler class for two weeks and then he's moving into the more independent Tadpole class. This is the pool where you can find us 4 days a week for most of the summer.

#2) Introducing walnuts into Spencer's system.

Quite accidentally, since we've been waiting until age 3 for nuts. We were at the grocery store on Tuesday and Spencer was acting like a hungry, grouchy bear. I sent Michael and Spencer to the bakery to get a free cookie. Spencer had eaten half of it by the time they got back to me. I took one glance and said to Michael, "that cookie is full of nuts." The look on his face was priceless. So far no hives. We're still waiting until 3 for peanuts though. So please don't accidentally give my son a Snickers.
#3) Buying new clothes for summer travel.

Specifically it took trips to about 14 stores to find a windbreaker. Finding a toddler size windbreaker in Phoenix in June is no easy task. Thank goodness for Baby Gap.We're going to Vermont for 10 days and this little waterproof number will be used if it rains or is a little chilly. And let's face it, 77 will be chilly to us.I love a good 1 piece outfit on babies and toddlers. Sadly, most companies stop making 1 piece outfits at 24 months. Spencer still fits into his 24 month clothes, but they're getting a little tight. While we were at the mall looking for the windbreaker I found these outfits in size 3T. I call them

cuteness #1
and cuteness #2. I was a little hesitant on cuteness #2 because it cost more than cuteness #1. Then I saw the back. Sold.#4) Using some of the peaches.

Look at how juicy these babies are. We made low fat peach muffins. I was too lazy to take a picture of the baked ones. Sorry. It's summer vacation. A little laziness is to be expected.

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

Oh my goodness those peach muffins look delicious even pre-baked! I had the some trouble finding a wind breaker to take to Hawaii last summer. We had to go to a sports shop.

chelsea said...

You have been so productive! I love it!

Anonymous said...

My mother would love those outfits! She hates any children under 3 in anything but 1-piece baby clothes. She just can't get into the adult-like pants/ shirt combos the babies are wearing these days although clearly the rest of nation doesn't agree with her. -Megan