Thursday, June 17, 2010

SSB & J

Spencer is a pretty good eater. He's not overly picky and he has a good appetite most of the time. He tends to eat less when there are lots of other people around, like at parties.

He is not, however, a huge fan of meat. He'll eat a bite or two of a hamburger, but not the whole thing. He'll eat turkey hotdogs and chicken nuggets. He'll eat chicken in noodle soup, but I don't think he realizes that the chicken is not noodles.

Sometimes I feel like we have 4 to 5 lunch/dinner menus that we just rotate through. Grilled cheese, turkey hotdog, cheese crisp, noodle soup, pasta with marinara, repeat. (Actually, he loves eggs and pancakes/waffles/muffins, so we do breakfast for dinner a lot.) I wanted something else that would give him protein and healthy fat. I wanted to give him peanut butter, but I'm really serious about waiting until age 3. So, look what I found:

7 grams of protein in 2 tablespoons. We've all heard of PB&J. Now we have SSB&J. First bite? Will he like it?
He loved it. Ate the whole thing.Now we have another item in the revolving lunch/dinner menu.

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

Trader Joe's is the awesomest.

chelsea said...

Nice! Does it taste like sunflower seeds? Zac hates peanut butter, but I love the protein content, so I may want to try this!

Karen said...

Hmmm...sounds interesting. Is it so sticky like peanut butter? Perhaps I will try some for Tyler.