Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kendra leaving

I've been a lazy blogger lately. We spent the last 3 days in Tucson so I have somewhat of an excuse (although to be perfectly honest, my parents have a computer and internet capablities and I have everything necessary to blog while in Tucson, but that's neither here nor there).

I believe I have mentioned that my brother, Nathan and my sister-in-law, Kendra, were moving to Florida this summer. Well, Kendra left on Saturday. She starts her fellowship in oncology next week. Nathan is going in a couple of weeks.

We drove down to Tucson on Thursday and I went out with Kendra and all of her friends. I didn't take any pictures. On Friday morning Michael and I went to see the A-Team. That night Nathan had planned on throwing a surprise going away party for Kendra at my parents' house and, in typical Nathan fashion, had planned absolutely nothing for it. My mom went shopping and then I helped make some food and cleaned up the house.

This is Ginger waiting patiently for all of the guests to arrive.

Nathan and Kendra were at Kendra's "end of residency" dinner so all of the guests arrived while they were gone.Michael took his turn bartending.
Kendra re-enacted her surprise because I missed it when she actually walked in.One of Nathan's friends brought his son. Spencer played with him for something like 30 seconds. Nathan took his turn bartending.Spencer with my friend (and his godmother) Elisa.Kendra, me and SpencerKendra and her mom. Her mom flew in from CA to help Kendra drive to FL. Nick took his turn bartending.Spencer acted goofy.Spencer with my mom's friend Sheila.It hasn't fully sunk in that Kendra is gone. It seems like we'll see her the next time we're in Tucson. We are going to miss her so much.

3 comments:

chelsea said...

Awww! Good luck to Kendra and Nathan! This is just the next page for them... plus now you have another place to go visit!
Sorry I missed your call the other day - I'll try you today!

Maryellen said...

Where's Spencer's picture at the bar? Kendra looked really excited. Do you call her Doctor?

Elisa said...

I'm late on this because I've been "working", but that picture of Spencer and me cracked me up. It looks like Spencer is trying to choke himself.