Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Random and mostly boring stuff

I feel like fun and exciting days come in waves around here. We have stretches with a lot of fun stuff to do where I'm taking lots of pictures and then there are days where I can't think of any reason to even get the camera out.

My mom was here last Wednesday night. When my parents are around Ginger hightails it out of our room to sleep with them. This was Thursday morning. I promised my mom she wasn't in the picture, but you can see her legs under the sheets. It wasn't enough for Ginger to lay next to her, she had to lay on top of her. Thanks for the loyalty, Ginger. (Hey Laura, do you recognize the quilt that I made in our FRESHMAN YEAR home ec. class circa 1994?)

Spencer sleeping on Thursday morning. He's making that face because of the flash. Amazingly he didn't wake up. Spencer got 2 water guns in the goody bags from Sara's birthday party. I filled them and taught him how to use them. He promptly shot me in the face and then proceeded to drink all the water out of both of them, 1 shot at a time.

Do you see the hideous bruise on his face? He tripped in a public bathroom at the park and smacked his head on the edge of a metal door. Had it bled I was faced with the distinct possibility that he would need a tetanus shot and a full body dip into a vat of bleach.
We're going to Josh and Amy's for dinner on Thursday. I'm going to be making this bad boy. Dulce de Leche cheesecake. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'll also have new cute pictures of baby Jacob soon.

I asked Spencer if he thought mommy and daddy should have a baby. He said no. Guess that's that.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Working backwards:

1. Of course he doesn't want you to have a baby. Babies are totally annoying to 2 ad 3 year olds. You still should.
2. That cheesecake - dear god. yum. enough said.
3. Vat of bleach = HA HA HA!
4. I totally love "random and mostly boring stuff"... that's life!

Karen said...

I think it's time for Spencer to learn that sometimes we don't all get what we want or don't want, i.e. the baby.

Wow, Josh and Amy must be amazing to feel like hosting a dinner so soon with a newborn. Perhaps I will recover/be more normal faster after the second baby.

Natalie said...

I should have mentioned that Josh's parents are still in town and will be doing all of the grocery shopping, prep work, cleaning and cooking. It's actually no trouble for Amy and Josh- otherwise I would have refused their invitation.

The GVZs said...

Cheesecake looks amazing. You would definitely be invited to cooking club with that one. Although, I would warn you first that someone once used jarred pasta sauce and has lived to regret it. We have long memories.

Maryellen said...

Question from previous post has now been answered. Also, I think it's now time for you to shoot Spencer in the face. It's the fair thing to do.