Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The cheesecake is done

I now have 8th degree burns on the palms of my hands. Apparently it's not very safe or smart to pour boiling hot caramel into a sandwich bag and then pipe it onto a cheesecake. The bag didn't melt or anything, but it certainly didn't insulate the heat from my skin. My caramel drizzle is a little thick as a result. Oh well. It'll still taste good I hope.

Spencer helped me bake. The words "crust" and "cheesecake" are now part of his vocabulary. He'll be demanding cheesecake for breakfast now. Anyway, I pulled out a can of sweetened condensed milk. Spencer picked it up and called it "cow's can milk". How precious and brilliant is that? I let him taste a little bit. We poured it into the mixing bowl. Then I turned away to get the vanilla. When I turned back Spencer was taking quite the liberal approach to "sampling". He was literally shoveling the cow's can milk into his mouth as fast as he could. What can I say? He's my son. And sweetened condensed milk, which I will forever more refer to as cow's can milk, is darn tasty.

Here's the little baking assistant sound asleep on Monday night. How in the world is his leg able to stay up like that? Like I said- he's sound asleep. REM. Little to no muscle tone. Weird.

3 comments:

Karen said...

That cake looks beautiful. Almost too beautiful to eat. Almost.

Chelsea said...

Um, I'm so sorry to tell you this, but that cake looks terrible.
Do you knokwk where the closest cheeesecake disposal place is? I do... you have to go ... oh, it's too hard to type directions.
Why don't you just send it to me, and I'll make sure it gets disposed of properly.

You're welcome.

Maryellen said...

I'm a little behind on reading my blogs but was the cheesecake for a special occasion? I about to read the posts I've missed so I'll probably be answering my own questions. It looks awesome!