Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter festivities

Extended Title:
Easter Festivities- Thursday night, Friday and Saturday

Thursday night

Thursday night we headed over to Josh and Amy's for dinner. We wanted to make sure we got one more dinner in before baby time! Amy is due in less than 4 weeks.

Recap- the cake we brought over to their house.

Josh and Amy are so sweet. They not only gave Spencer an entire basket full of goodies, but they also hid chocolate eggs for him and he had his first egg hunt of the weekend. They are going to make such great parents.

A little Josh cuddle time
Amy looking almost ready to pop. 20 days until her due date.
Friday

Spencer went to bed about 45 minutes later than usual on Thursday night. Friday morning I woke up at 7:30. Spencer was sound asleep. 8:00. Sound asleep. 8:15. Sound asleep. 8:45. Sound asleep. 9:15. Sound asleep. Finally, he woke up at 9:20 very upset that I wasn't right there to greet him. I had already decided to let him just sleep in instead of waking him up early and then demanding a nap later. That always backfires.

Anyway, at about 1:30, while I was packing for Tucson, I insisted that Spencer "rest". This is him "resting" while watching Barney.
Saturday

I woke up early and went to breakfast with Laura. No pictures- we were too busy stuffing our faces. Me with hollandaise sauce and her with some sort of delightful bacon skillet. We both lamented on our post-baby eating habits but didn't go so far as to stop eating said hollandaise and bacon.

While I was gone Spencer got his Easter basket from Gramme and Papa (my parents). We were trying to space the goodies out through the weekend, so he wasn't bombarded with everything at once.

After I got home Spencer and Gramme dyed Easter eggs while I baked.

Saturday Evening/Night

My mom and I went to Teresa's baby shower, while Michael and Spencer went to Michael's parents house. I have known Teresa since 1st grade. She is having a surprise baby (meaning they don't know the gender) in June.
Her dad made these centerpieces. Hand blown and hand cut egg shells.
Teresa's mom is a florist.
Megan was there with her mom. Megan bought this shirt at Target that day. I had looked at the same shirt at Target that day but had decided against it. Megan texted me later that she had been wearing it backwards for the entire party. I would have never know if she didn't mention it.

After the baby shower and right before bed time we left carrots for the Easter bunny. All that hopping makes a rabbit hungry.

Stay tuned for Easter day.

1 comment:

The Yager Family said...

Looks like a great weekend, and you haven't even gotten to Easter yet!