Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Elliott's 9th birthday party

As I said before, we didn't have a party for Elliott when he turned 9 in December, because of COVID.  He's always wanted a pool party, so it was easy to convince him to wait until June to celebrate his half birthday. 

The theme was countries/maps/the globe/around the world.

I was pleased with the table!




I ordered a "bon voyage" set of plates/cups/napkins.  I also used a lot of map scrapbook paper- including under the centerpiece. 


These are all bouncy balls we already had. 

I did actually buy these for the party and they will be used in home decor now. 


This wall hanging was from Amazon.  I think it was like $10.  I might take it to work. 

I used a cake stencil for the cake, which was really brownies. 



The food setting on my phone takes really fun pictures. 
I bought a map poster and stuck in on some tv trays for the backdrop for the food.  The beach balls on top were also the party favors.  We already had the glowing globe on the left. 





Elliott invited his three best friends.  


I didn't crop this so you can see the scrapbook paper I put on the cabinets.  Cheap decorating!

We went in the pool first. 

Kevin was nervous about the kids being in the water and he jumped on us immediately. 

Luckily Spencer had no interest in being outside, so Kevin went in to watch TV with him. 




My brothers, cousins and I used to dive for these poker chips in my grandparent's pool!



Elliott wanted Subway sandwiches, fruit and chips.  DONE!

We bought two foot-long subs, and had leftovers.  Ha!



After they swam and ate, the kids watched Scooby Doo, and then played for a few hours, and then went home and everyone was happy. 

No comments: