Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Valentine's Day 2021

Valentine's Day is also Arizona's birthday, so I did a special brunch to honor both. 

I did go out to buy the prickly pear syrup and cactus salsa for the meal, but the whole tablescape was made with stuff from the house. 
The Arizona side.  

The book is from Arizona's 100th birthday in 2012. 
The middle, which was the transition between AZ and Valentine.

The copper napkin holder is actually a letter holder that I got at my going away party when I stopped working for the AZ Senate. 

The Valentine side.

Brunch was fruit, waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon.  

Prickly pear syrup for the waffles.  Michael didn't like it so he used Vermont maple syrup.  Vermont is his home state.  Traitor. 

Cactus salsa for the eggs. 

We forced Spencer to take a picture of us.  

I took zero pictures of the kids.  And then I spent the whole afternoon watching This is Us in the bedroom.  Alone.  Very romantic. Ha!  It was great! 

No comments: