Monday, February 8, 2021

A boring finish to January

Yet again, I haven't been blogging because there really isn't much to say.  We just stay home and don't do anything or see anybody all the time.  Maybe February will have something interesting happen.  I do have Valentine's Day decor to show.

My brother and sister-in-law got us a Harry & David subscription for Christmas.  The first month was delivered on Sunday the 24th.  We got six pears and a wedge of parmesan. 

I guess it was a Festivus present, not a Christmas present. 

Elliott asked me to take his picture like this that afternoon. 
Michael works in the office on Monday and Friday.  He came home on Monday the 25th and fell asleep.  I took his picture, of course.
I'm still working from home 5 days a week, so we were home together on Tuesday the 26th.  I asked him if he could get me a coffee before I started one of my sessions.  He brought it to me in a cup that matched my top!

Then I took this picture.......
so I could do this comparison.  

The picture on the left was Feb 5th, 2019 so it wasn't a true year to year comparison, but close enough.  The left was me waiting for my second surgery of 2019- the surgery to put in my chemo port. 
We took our last stimulus money and went to a local store and bought a new range. It was delivered and installed on Wednesday the 27th.

Bye bye, old.

Helloooooooooooo, new.
It's a dual fuel range, so it's an electric oven and gas stove top. 
It's blue on the inside so you can see food browning more easily.  

First dinner being prepared.

I put out the Valentine mugs that day and transitioned the hot chocolate bar to a V-day hot chocolate bar. 

Spencer and I went to Target on Thursday the 28th.  I was excited to see easily available wig care.  I had to buy my wig shampoo from Amazon or from a wig shop. 



I ran 800,000 errands on Friday the 29th, including meeting with my accountant.  I ended up with two coffees in the car.  That's a good day!

The pears from Harry and David were finally ripe on Saturday the 30th, so we had them during the family zoom. 

The theme was my uncle's birthday. 

Michael and I started watching Game of Thrones on January 1st.  We finished the last episode of the last season the night of the 31st.  It took dedication to get it done in a month. 

Michael was thrilled about taking this picture.

Now we're on to February!

No comments: