Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Saturday to Saturday

On Saturday, January 2nd I made the eggnog for Christmas 2021. I thought about making it on the 31st, but I didn't want it associated with 2020.

I make a triple batch every year, which is 36 egg yolks, 3 pounds of sugar, and nine cups of booze.

Three types of booze.


Yum.

I made it in two batches.


Freshly ground nutmeg. 

It is so frothy when I first make it that I need extra containers.  Within a day it all fits in the big jar. 

We had a Happy New Year family zoom that afternoon. 

Oh, and I'm almost positive that I never posted about this one.  This was Christmas #2 zoom on Saturday the 26th.  The theme was religious Christmas. 

I went to the store and bought a new oven on Sunday, January 3rd.  It's a dual fuel, so it's a gas top and electric oven.  

It looks like this on top. 

And this in the front. 

Hair pictures on Monday, January 4th. 






On Tuesday the 5th I woke up, put a sweatshirt on over my nightgown, wrapped a blanket around my legs and started virtual sessions like that. 

This is what I looked like.

But this is what kids could see. 

Spencer's 13 year 4 month picture on Wednesday the 6th. 

I ate the last rum ball of the holiday season on Thursday the 7th.

Michael and I had happy hour out in the backyard bistro on Friday the 8th. 

It was a happy hour with cappuccino. 
I put my phone down on a cabinet that has little holes in it on Saturday the 9th. My camera was open, and I thought this looked very cool.  Those are my legs and a basket full of masks in the cabinet. 

Michael changed Spencer's sheets that day. See his legs on the ladder? 

Every time he changes those sheets he wants to chop the bed up and burn it to the ground. 


We had a huge family zoom that afternoon to celebrate the 20 year cancer survivorship of Lois.  She was diagnosed with breast cancer (in January 2001), so the theme was pink. 

And finally, snuggling with Elliott that night. 

No comments: