Sunday, November 17, 2019

Anxiety to start the week

I have a countdown app on my phone.  On Tuesday the 12th I got a notification that it was one month to my reconstruction. 

This was before the notification. 

This was after. 
I am really, really not doing well with this upcoming surgery.  Anxiety is at an all time high. 


Wednesday the 13th was World Kindness Day and World Cardigan Day. 


I wore a pink cardigan to work so I could participate, as well as get my breast cancer awareness message in. 

My selfie didn't go as planned. 

OK, that's better. 

My friend Tracy, who is also the OT at work gave me this sloth.  She didn't even know it was World Kindness Day!
There was a lovely sunset that evening.  We saw it after we left the store where we were buying paper for Elliott's birthday invitations.  He cried when I told him we couldn't just write "come to my party" on a post-it note. 



On Thursday the 14th I went to happy hour and dinner with Ellen and Michelle.  We actually met at Kirkland's to buy $5 candles.  I was a wee bit early so I went into Pier 1 first. I found this blinged out pig for $4.95!

On Friday the 15th I went back to Pier 1 (but a different location) and saw these Christmas Sloths.  I didn't buy one that day, but don't worry, I did the next day!

Then I went to Target for crucial things like toilet paper.  Then I wandered into the Christmas section.

Oh, no, the 2019 snow globes have arrived! 

In the end, I left with a pig that has reindeer antlers, 

And a T-Rex snow globe.  I think it's the best snow globe EVER. 

At home that afternoon I styled my hair. 

And Michael and I drank this bottle of wine. 

Last week was a really difficult week for me because it was the one year anniversary of when I found a lump in my breast in 2018.  I wasn't expecting the week to be difficult, but it was. 

I found the lump on November 12th, and that day was really hard, and I didn't really figure it out until that night.  I went to my doctor on the 14th and she thought it was suspicious.  I had an ultrasound and mammogram on the 16th.  Hopefully next year, when it's been two years it won't bother me as much. 

No comments: