Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Post-chemo family pictures

I decided I wanted to do family pictures after I was done with chemo and while I was still completely bald.  Breast cancer will never not be part of our family and our family history, so it seemed like the natural thing to do. 

I put together pink outfits for all of us and we went to the photo studio on Saturday, June 1st, 2019. 

We had done family pictures on June 1st, 2018 so we showed the photographer those pictures and recreated them.  I have the side by side comparisons at the bottom of the post.  Since we went two years in a row on the same day, we now have to go on June 1st, 2020 to have three year comparisons. 

Enjoy!




If you zoom in on my hand you might be able to see that I have pink ribbon nail polish on two of my nails. 
















I look happy and smiley, but this position nearly killed me.  It was another two months before I could comfortably get my elbows all the way down like this. 

We did a couple of pictures with my wig, since that wig has been a big part of my identity for so long. 


Side by side comparisons: 2018-2019








No comments: