Thursday, October 10, 2019

Breast cancer walk and hair color

My oncologist, who has become my good friend, invited us to join her at the 3rd annual 5K for Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump! on Saturday. 

Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump! is an Arizona 501(c)3 non-profit providing education, prevention, and direct assistance for free wigs and mammograms. 100% of the funds they raise stay local in AZ.

We all put on our pink and headed to Phoenix on Saturday morning. 
We did not walk or run the 5K, but it still felt amazing to be there at the event with other survivors. It's really the first time I've been out in the sun and heat since last fall and towards the end I got dizzy and light headed and nearly passed out. It's hard and disappointing for me to not be back at 100%, but it gives me a goal to actually participate in the 5K next year.

My oncologist, Amber. 
She brought her two boys.  Ronan is 8 and Lochlan is 2. 

There were some booths set up with fun things for kids. 





Moms of boys


Some ladies from National Hair Loss

I met the Sisterhood for lunch that afternoon.  We started outside but quickly moved in because of the heat.

Brenda was supposed to be there, but she got sick and didn't want to expose me to germs.  She sent this bag with Lauren.  It was a late birthday present. 

Look!  Maybe Brenda was with us after all- she was just in a big hat. 

I had seen that Nespresso makers were on sale at Target, so on my way home I bought one. 

Look how pretty.  Like little coffee jewels. 

My first cup!


Spencer was 12 years 1 month on Sunday. 

Both kids got haircuts that day. 

I made pumpkin bread for our new neighbors and we took it to them with some pumpkin butter. 

We went to see Dora the Explorer. 

And then I finally dyed the kid's hair after they have been asking for more than a year.  It was temporary color, lasting 6-8 washes. 

 In keeping with his plan to change his name to Neptune and move to Neptune, Elliott went with Neptune Blue.

Spencer wanted pink for breast cancer awareness.

No comments: