Wednesday, October 2, 2019

A bit of normal

It was nice to put the living room back to its normal self on Sunday the 22nd.  We had one week of this before I started decorating for Halloween.

That night we ate dinner in the dining room. 

That sounds really fancy until I reveal that Michael and Spencer were in just shorts, 

And I was in a nightshirt.  Elliott couldn't even be in a picture because he was in just his underwear. 
I woke up to the sound of lovely rain and then a not so lovely leak in our roof on Monday the 23rd. 

I came home from work to meet the first of two roofers who gave us an estimate.
Basically we have to replace the roof on our entire 25 year old house.  We've taken to drinking to deal with it. 
I ended up at the mall on Tuesday the 24.  These two pictures of dresses are actually the only pictures I took all day.

My school was cancelled on Wednesday the 25 because of flooding on the school grounds and some roof leaking, so Michael and I had a day date.

First I dropped him off at physical therapy.

Then I went to Starbucks while I waited.  I finished my coffee and enjoyed this mini sample after.  

After his PT we went to see Brittany Runs a Marathon.  It was a great movie.  The perfect mix of funny and poignant.  

Michael thought it was hilarious to make me pose with the It backdrop.  


We went to lunch after that, but, no pictures.

I took this picture to send to Chelsea that night.  She bought me this glass. 
I spent four hours evaluating this kid on Thursday the 26th.  I've been working with him since he was in Kindergarten and now he's in 3rd grade.  He wanted to take selfies as his "prize".


I worked on Friday the 27th since I had been off on Wednesday.  It's not even fall break and I'm already leaving my office a disaster at the end of the week. 


Saturday the 28th was all about the Halloween decor.  Here's a sneak peek.  

It was a mess during the process.  
Spencer was at a sleepover birthday party that day/night, so he is not in any of these pictures.  We went out to dinner with my friends John and Ashley that night.  I went to high school with both of them.  They started dating after our 20 year high school reunion. 




John and Ashley had to drive back to Tucson after dinner, but we didn't.  So we went to AJ's for dessert.  Elliott wanted to take one grumpy picture and one happy picture. 


Michael decided to do the same.  


I had to be a team player.  


And with that, I am mostly caught up!  Just in time for me to fall behind when I have another surgery in a week. 

No comments: