Monday, October 21, 2019

My "fall break"

I was recovering from the surgery to remove my ovaries for my entire "fall break".  I'm having another surgery for my winter break, and another for my spring break.

Michael and I went to Sprouts on Monday the 14th.  It was the only time I left the house all day.  I wanted to buy this $50 pumpkin.  I didn't.

I realized that my special seat belt cushion that I've been using for my chest,  

worked for my abdomen too! 

Oh wait.  I must have left the house later too, because I got these napkins that afternoon.  

My lovely flower arrangement on Tuesday the 15th.

Michael and I went out to breakfast that day.  We stopped at Michael's Arts and Crafts after and bought new Scarecrows.  Our Scarecrow is probably 10ish years old and starting to show his age.  
They were 70% off, so we bought a boy and girl.  They are outside now, but we had them peeking out the window for a few days.  

We went to the movies that afternoon.  We saw Joker. 

We took the kids to Target for new bike helmets after they got home from school.  

I made a lovely breakfast for myself on Wednesday the 16th.

Michael and I had afternoon cappuccinos after he got home from work.  

Elliott was 7 years 10 months.  Two more months until he's eight. WOW! 

We had a family game night playing UNO.  






My lovely coffee on Thursday the 17th. We are loving our Nespresso maker!
I actually went in to work that day.  Not to work, but to meet Kathy Hoffman. 

Kathy Hoffman is a speech language pathologist who got sick and tired of the elected officials in Arizona failing her students and colleagues over and over and over, so she ran for Superintendent of Public Instruction last year and won. She was visiting my school that day and she’s basically my hero, so I had to go meet her. I got permission to take her on a tour of my office/speech therapy room and while we were there I gave her a gift- a glittery lip pin.  I wore mine so we would match.  

I was waiting for Ellen to pick me up here. 

There were snacks set up in the library.  

The school gave Kathy Hoffman (and the people who came with her) potted onions,  

and 60-day corn.  

We had a little presentation i the library first,  
And then we went to my room!

We're basically best friends.  
I got a facial on Friday morning, and then returned home to a delightful gift in the mail.  It was from two of my friends in Tucson and was a robe and some fun Halloween clothes.  

I painted my toenails and nails that afternoon.  


And that was my fall break.  It was nothing spectacular, but it did allow me to heal from my surgery, so I guess I'll take it. 

No comments: