Sunday, October 27, 2019

A night of hope

Last Saturday, the 19th, Michael and I attended A Night of Hope.  It was a benefit hosted by my reconstruction surgeon and his partners to raise money for Impact One, a local breast cancer organization. 

Both of the kids were spending the night with friends, so Michael and I were free to enjoy our date night. 

We stopped at the Scottsdale mall on our way and bought a bunch of Nespresso pods at the Nespresso store.  We were at the mall when we asked someone to take our picture. 
They had a table set up that shows what Impact One gives women who are recently diagnosed with breast cancer. 


There was definitely a pink theme to the night. 



This is the woman who started Impact One.  Her name is Elizabeth. 


I met another woman who was diagnosed in January.  She was 32 when she was diagnosed.  Michael and I got to know her and her husband. 



They had a fancy little backdrop set up for Instagram photos.

I did not take any of these pictures.  I got them from the Facebook page.




My surgeon is in the middle. I don't know who the women are.  



I made it into three pictures, and all are of my back. 

There was a silent auction, and I won this bag.  I bid on it mostly to just make a donation. 

After we left the benefit we went to the movies and finally made it back home around midnight. 

There was one single picture taken on Sunday the 20th.  I gave myself a mini facial. 

No comments: