Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Finishing out January

Could I be any worse at blogging?  Don't answer that because the answer is most likely, yes. 

So, Elliott had his first running club race on Thursday the 24th.  I already blogged about that day in my last post, but Michael took these pictures so it took some time for me to get them.  

He was so excited!





I don't know how many 1st graders were running, but Elliott came in 46th place out of all of them.  We'll pretend there were, like, 1,000 of them. 
On the 25th I finally remembered to take a picture of my Polish pottery piggies.  The one on the left I bought in Germany in 2006.  The one on the right I bought right before Christmas.  Now I need an even tinier one to go to the right of him. 

Oh my god.  So cute. 

We had pizza for dinner that night.  This is the "slice" that Michael offered me. 
The sisterhood came to my house for a casual, chill, just chatting get-together on Saturday the 26th.  Joni and Lauren were wearing very similar shirts, so we made them stand by each other. 

Krispy kreme for breakfast on Sunday the 27th. 
Every single year since I started doing my nails I overdo them and then they get too brittle and thin.  This year it happened after Thanksgiving, so I went all of December and most of January just leaving them naked.  On Monday the 28th I wanted to buy some new polish for a new mani, so I took a picture of what I already had, to avoid duplicates. 

Here's what I ended up with.  The pink polish was new. 
I went to Cost Plus on Tuesday the 29th.  I wanted to buy about 12 of these stemless wine glasses.  I bought none. 

I did get some pretty flowers from Trader Joes though. 
I also got this lemon candle since I never did find a gingerbread one in December.  That's priority #1 for December 2019. 
And finally, to really finish out the month, we went shopping with the kids on the 31st.  We needed cereal.  What the heck is going on with cereal? Is it cereal or is it dessert? 

One quick trip to Home Good for this towel I didn't need, but had to have, and the month was over. 

I mean, a beagle wearing a beret?  I HAD TO. 

Welcome to February. 

No comments: